Friday, July 17, 2009

Estrella Alfon's Servant Girl



Estrella Alfon's Servant Girl is a story about the servant girl in the story named Rosa. In the story, she experienced the good and bad things that a servant might endure. Rosa experienced too much suffering from her mistress and she also experienced being in love with a person that she just first met.

Rosa's life is somewhat miserable but exciting. I like the way that the story goes from her misery to her excitement to meet her "Angel". For me, it's a very great story for it also instills the values that we must still get from such a story. I also felt pity for Rosa for she works hard but her mistress is always her ever faithful antagonist. She always look at Rosa's deeds to be wrong but sometimes it may be not.

This story for me is somewhat synonymous to real life for it really portrays the things that a typical naughty mistress should do. Estrella Alfon's stories are about everyday life. Her stories for me are somewhat ordinary because it's just about an ordinary laundry woman being maltreated by her mistress that's wishing that she could have a better life. The moment I've read this particular story, I see that an ordinary theme became became so alive and extraordinary. I could say that I may be hooked up in this story but this is a great way of making an interesting story... :)

Source for the image:
http://www.sushidog.com/bpss/graphics3/servant.jpg. Date Accessed: July 21, 2009 9:58 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment